15 Tips for Online Dating by Dr. Drai
Hello #MomentumLovers! I'm Dr. Drai a board-certified OBGYN, sexual health expert, and founder of Momentum Intimacy. Through my FDA-approved condom & lubricant line called Momentum, I help people improve their intimacy and have a more satisfying sex life.
Dating online can be a complicated process. Besides wanting to make a good impression with others that might be compatible with you, it's also important to consider your security.
Learn how to combine these considerations into an online dating strategy that supports your dating goals.
Follow these timely tips for online dating:
- Create an effective bio. It may seem strange or unnatural to have to analyze and critique yourself, but having an empty profile looks suspicious. Spend a little time writing your bio. Include who you are, what you like, and what you’re looking for.
- If you are unsure of what to write, ask for help from a friend or family member. You might find one who has been through this experience themselves.
- Choose the best photos. Ensure that the pictures you use are recent, in focus, and avoid using filters. Your photos should be clear, honest, and show you in the best light.
- Refrain from contacting those you meet too frequently. Even if you think you have clicked with someone, you must avoid contacting them too often. Send them messages approximately as often as they tend to communicate with you.
- Sending them endless messages throughout the day before you have even met may end up giving them cold feet.
- Avoid stalking them on social media. While it may be tempting to spend a few hours going through their social media profiles, this might make you seem like a stalker. Remember, you have plenty of time to learn more about each other.
- Stay safe online. We have all read those horror stories about online dating. This is why you should only ever meet in a public place.
- When the time has come to meet in person, tell your family or a friend where you are going so that they can check up on you if needed.
- Meet somewhere comfortable. If you choose somewhere that makes you feel comfortable, you’ll be more relaxed and able to enjoy yourself more. When you’re more relaxed and enjoying the date, you also make a better first impression.
- Avoid talking about your ex. Even if your ex did break your heart, your new squeeze does not need to know. And you may come across as though you are not yet over them.
- Offer to pay. Whether you are male or female, this is the modern world where we are all equal. Even if you don’t end up paying for the whole date, it is polite to offer to pay for at least your own expenses.
- You can be selective. Even if you’ve been single for a while, you don’t have to go on a date with the first person who asks, especially if you’re not feeling a connection during your messages.
- This also goes for the date itself: avoid feeling pressured into going home with someone or to agree to a second date if you aren’t feeling it.
- Avoid making them your world. You may have met the one, and it's natural to want to spend as much time together as possible. However, it's important that you don't forget about everyone else in your life or the hobbies or pastimes you used to enjoy.
- These are all things that make you who you are, and without them, you are not going to be the same person.
If you’re looking for love online, these strategies can help you navigate the world of online dating. Online dating can be a minefield but finding ‘the one’ will be worth the effort.
Thank you for reading this #MomentumLovers! As always...I'm Dr. Drai a board-certified OBGYN, sexual health expert, and founder of Momentum Intimacy. Through my FDA-approved condom & lubricant line called Momentum, I help people improve their intimacy and have a more satisfying sex life.
Leave a comment