I'm Dr. Drai a board-certified OBGYN, sexual health expert, and founder of Momentum Intimacy. Through my FDA-approved condom & lubricant line called Momentum, I help people improve their intimacy and have a more satisfying sex life.
On July 6th, we celebrate World Kissing Day. While I know that based on the topic of this blog, you are here to learn how to be a great kisser, let’s first address one of my most frequently asked questions as an OB/GYN, can you get a sexually transmitted infection (STI) from kissing?
Here's the bad news…kissing is not a completely risk-free activity. Though it is less common to get a sexually transmitted infection/disease from kissing, it is possible to transmit certain diseases, mainly herpes, and syphilis. It is important to know the sexual history of the person you're swapping spit with. Also, though you may not observe any symptoms, watch for any sores or lesions before kissing.
Now that you know how to be safe, let’s get on to the fun stuff. Everyone likes to be kissed differently -some may like soft slow kissing while others may like more wild action, so you need to find out what your partner likes. You can start with simple kisses with closed lips which is excellent for a hello or good-bye kiss, or regular kisses with open lips. You can even skip right to “The French Kiss,” which involves touching your tongue with your partners.
You can play with your tongue by circling your partners with your own but the key is to be inventive and have fun. No matter which kind of kiss you choose, show some passion. Here are some kissing tips that are sure to help you be a great kisser.
2. Choose the best moment
3. Don't ask permission to kiss him/her/them – try to read the eyes and body language. Asking ruins the mood.
4. Have fresh breath
5. Make sure that your lips are soft and your mouth is moist
6. Close your eyes just before your lips meet and tilt your head slightly in the opposite direction of your partner.
7. Learn to use your tongue skillfully while kissing circling the tip of your partner’s tongue with your tongue gives both partners pleasure.
8. Gently move the tongue in, exploring the inside of the lips.
9. Don’t drool all over her mouth while kissing. No one likes wet or sloppy kisses.
The secret of being a great kisser is to 10. keep it simple and sexy.
Use your hands to hold your mate’s face, show them that you are in control. A kiss is much more than simply touching lips, it is an expression of love, desire, and passion. feel your partner’s rhythm and match it.
Thank you for reading this #MomentumLovers!
As always...I'm Dr. Drai a board-certified OBGYN, sexual health expert, and founder of Momentum Intimacy. Through my FDA-approved condom & lubricant line called Momentum, I help people improve their intimacy and have a more satisfying sex life.