I'm Dr. Drai a board-certified OBGYN, sexual health expert, and founder of Momentum Intimacy. Through my FDA-cleared condom & lubricant line called Momentum, I help people improve their intimacy and have a more satisfying sex life. Remember ALL people deserve sexual pleasure.
One thing that is vital to have a more satisfying sex life is experiencing 'The Big O!' Yes, today we are talking about orgasms and how you can achieve the best orgasm of your life!
Sadly, between 10% and 20% of adult women have never experienced an orgasm, and as many as 50% of women don’t orgasm during sex. The benefits of orgasm are endless from improving your menstrual cycle to boosting your immune system. So, what's the secret to achieving regular orgasms? Here are my 5 tips for having the orgasm of your dreams.
- Use a vibrator - A vibrator is an excellent tool for women to discover what they enjoy, and what stimulates them in the best way to achieve the ultimate O. When choosing a vibrator, choose something you find attractive and that looks fun. This is the first step on a wonderful journey, so enjoy it!
To have the best experience with your vibrator, give yourself time with it. Before you even switch it on, get relaxed and turned on. Take a long bubble bath, read an erotic story, get yourself in the mood. For most women, orgasms are as much psychological as they are physiological. If your mind isn’t in the right place, your body won’t be either.
Get comfortable on your bed, on a rug in front of your fireplace, or just stay in the tub if you’ve purchased a waterproof vibrator. Relax, start slow, and get to know your vibrator and your body. Touch different parts of your genitals with your vibrator. Discover what feels good, then keep doing it. Let your arousal build and let nature take its course.
Experiment with your vibrator, try its different features and apply it to different areas of your body to see what the sensations are like. Most women respond to clitoral stimulation, but you may prefer more or less intensity, or more or less direct stimulation. The labia and vulva are also sensitive.
If your vibrator is insertable, give that a try. Some women find penetration and vibration inside the vagina very pleasurable. A vibrator is the best tool you can use to find and stimulate your G-spot. This little node of pleasure is on the front wall of your vagina, a couple of inches in. It can take a few tries to find this spot, and not everyone who finds it likes it because of how sensitive it can be. Some women can’t find it at all. All of these things are normal, so you just have to see what works for you.
- Masturbation = Learning how to orgasm during sex is a whole different thing. One of the best things you can do is simply to masturbate often and keep all of your sexual organs in good shape. Masturbation helps your body to establish a habit of orgasming – if you can bring yourself to orgasm every time you get turned on, your body learns how to get there more easily when you’re having sex with someone else.
- Drink Lots Of Water And Avoid Alcohol - Easy, practical things you can do to help your body are drinking lots of water and avoiding alcohol to keep everything downstairs healthy and lubricated.
- Do Your Kegels - these exercises tone and tighten the muscles you use during sex, heightening the sensations you experience during sex. A set of Smartballs (an updated, silicone-coated version of Ben Wa balls) is a really easy, comfortable way to keep your PC muscles in shape.
- Other Toys - If you are like most women, and you orgasm from clitoral stimulation, there are a hundred toys out there that are designed to stimulate your clitoris during sex. Probably the easiest to use are vibrating penis rings, which your partner wears around his penis and has an attachment where you can insert a vibrating bullet.
Another fun toy you can use during sex is a strap-on clitoral stimulator such as a butterfly-style vibrator. Elastic straps around the waist and/or thighs hold a small vibrator in place while you make love. One of the more unique toys of this nature is the Vibrating Lovers Thong, which not only vibrates on your clitoris but has a double row of beads that stimulate your lover as he moves in and out.
Thank you for reading this #MomentumLovers! As always...I'm Dr. Drai a board-certified OBGYN, sexual health expert, and founder of Momentum Intimacy. Through my FDA-cleared condom & lubricant line called Momentum, I help people improve their intimacy and have a more satisfying sex life. Remember ALL people deserve sexual pleasure.